Prevention of prostatitis is a guarantee for men's health, because potency directly depends on it. To prevent the inflammatory process in the prostate gland, certain rules must be observed. First of all, it is worth making changes to your lifestyle: improve nutrition, monitor your condition, practice therapeutic exercises and massage. If the patient is undergoing rehabilitation, preventive measures include the use of drugs and medicines of traditional medicine.
Prevention of prostatitis
Preventive measures aimed at eliminating or preventing prostatitis are conventionally divided into primary and secondary:
- primary is carried out in order to prevent the development of the disease;
- secondary prevention is necessary for patients who have had prostatitis to avoid the recurrence of the disease or its development into a chronic form.
Prevention includes a whole range of therapeutic measures that help prevent prostatitis and improve the quality of life. To prevent this disease, men should follow some important rules:
- Healthy food. Revision of the diet is one of the main points in the period of prevention of many diseases. Avoid fatty and spicy foods. When used acutely, the mucous membrane of the prostate is irritated and fatty foods contribute to the formation of cholesterol plaques on the walls of blood vessels, which greatly impair the blood supply to the prostate gland, creating favorable conditions for the reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms .
- Refuse bad habits. Smoking and alcohol are strictly prohibited during preventive measures. Cigarette smoking leads to intoxication of the body, affecting metabolic processes in the body, and ethyl alcohol charges the heart muscle and contributes to circulatory disorders. It should be noted that alcohol in 40% of cases becomes the main cause of prostatitis. In addition, alcohol abuse negatively affects the entire male genitourinary system, often violating potency.
- See a doctor in a timely manner. It is impossible to ignore the clinical signs of the development of prostatitis. Also, any infectious disease can contribute to the inflammatory process in the prostate gland. Do not self-medicate with sexually transmitted diseases.
- Avoid hypothermia. Often the inflammation of the prostate gland is the result of a long stay in the cold.
- Exercise. It is important to keep the body in good shape. It is advisable to devote at least 20-30 minutes to sports every day, especially if a man's professional activity is associated with a sedentary lifestyle. One of the main causes of prostatitis is stagnation of blood flow in the prostate gland.
- Take your medications. If potency problems are identified, a man should start taking medications prescribed by a doctor. Drug therapy is one of the most important methods of dealing with prostatitis. At the same time, do not forget about traditional medicine, which has many effective remedies.
A distinctive feature of physical exercises in the prevention of prostatitis is the training of the muscle group around the anus. To determine the muscle that needs to be strengthened, you can delay the flow of urine when urinating, count to three, and relax. So in the same way it is recommended to act without urinating.
Such physical exercises in the first week should be performed in 5 sets of 10 contractions per day. From the second week, it is recommended to increase the intensity of the training to 100-150 repetitions per day.
To prevent prostatitis, you can perform other exercises in a standing position:
- Stand with one foot on the floor and swing wide back and forth 80 times with the other. Then switch legs.
- Jump in place 100 times.
- Spread your legs shoulder-width apart and do the inclinations 15 times in both directions.
Therapeutic gymnastics is also performed in the supine position:
- Alternatively, pull your legs towards your stomach, then spread them out to full width.
- It is recommended to take a deep breath and hold your breath for 5 seconds, then get into a sitting position, stretch your legs in front of you and reach them with your fingertips.
- Raise your legs, lying on your back, in a position perpendicular to the floor, then proceed to the exercise "bicycle".
- Lie on your stomach on a rubber ball and roll on the floor, resting on your hands.
These exercises will improve the condition of the body and prevent prostatitis. In addition, it is useful to take a contrast shower: alternatively stand under cold (15 seconds) and hot (30 seconds) water. It is recommended before bedtime.
Healing stimulation of the prostate gland
As a preventive measure, prostate stimulation is recommended. At home, you can significantly alleviate the condition with the help of a special massage that restores the normal function of the male genital organs.
This massage helps:
- improve blood flow, thereby feeding the gland with oxygen and other useful substances;
- an increase in testosterone - the main male sex hormone responsible for erection;
- increase the tone of the groin muscles, due to which normal urination is restored.
The frequency of prostate massage is determined by the individual characteristics of the patient. If a man has chronic, congestive prostatitis, he must perform 2-4 sessions per week. When carrying out a wellness procedure as a preventive measure, the number of sessions can be reduced to 1-2. If special stimulants are used for massage, the frequency of procedures per week can be increased to 2-3.
Experts identify several basic methods of performing prostate massage:
- Manual massage. Prostatitis is affected by the fingers. This method is used to a greater extent for preventive purposes in the chronic form of the disease.
- The indirect technique is based on squeezing and stretching the muscles of the anus. This technique is used in the early stages of prostatitis.
- Rectal massage through the anus. It is carried out using special vacuum pumps.
- Enema decoction of chamomile officinalis. The massage with a water jet should be performed for a short time, keeping it within yourself.
- Urological massage. This technique is used in the clinical setting because. to perform it, you need a special tool that affects the urethra.
When performing a massage, care should be taken not to worsen the condition by damaging the mucous membrane of the anus. Therapeutic and preventive measures in the form of prostate stimulation are contraindicated in patients with:
- stones in the prostate;
- tumors of different etiologies;
- acute course of other urological diseases.
Before the massage, it is recommended to undergo a complete examination to determine the feasibility of a wellness session.
In order not to get sick with prostatitis, it is necessary to follow a correct diet. It is recommended to eat steamed or boiled dishes.
To prevent the inflammatory process in the prostate gland, the daily calorie content of food should be reduced. At the same time, you need to increase your fluid intake throughout the day. It is recommended to drink at least 2 liters to increase urine production, which will remove the pathogenic microorganisms that cause prostatitis from the body.
Men are advised to consume around 3000 kcal per day. This amount of energy should consist of:
- 100 g of protein;
- 400 g of carbohydrates;
- 70 g of fat (of vegetable origin).
In addition, to prevent the development of prostatitis, it is recommended to add the following products to the diet:
- lean beef, poultry and fish;
- soy, legumes;
- dairy products;
These products contain a large number of useful microelements and vitamins necessary for the health of the male body.
Usually, for the prevention of prostatitis, specialists prescribe preparations containing herbal ingredients or extracts from the prostate gland of a bull. They are effective stimulators of the human prostate gland, increasing the production of secretion and eliminating stagnant processes.
As a rule, urologists prescribe drugs in the form of tablets or suppositories that relieve congestion in the pelvic organs, which helps to eliminate inflammation in the prostate gland.
In addition, for the treatment and prevention of the prostate, it is important to consume sufficient amounts of vitamins, which improve health and reduce the risk of long-term cancer. Men are advised to drink complexes rich in vitamins:
- A - prevention of prostate adenoma;
- B - improves blood circulation;
- E, K - help reduce the risk of neoplasms in the prostate.
An alternative method is the use of food supplements, which can be purchased at the pharmacy.
Selenium is one of the most important trace elements for human health. It is involved in the synthesis of testosterone, normalizes reproductive function, improves sperm quality, and also has a beneficial effect on the prostate.
For the prevention and treatment of prostatitis, you can effectively use not only modern drugs, but also the methods of traditional medicine:
- Oat decoction. Prepared from 2 tbsp. L. unpeeled oats and 700 ml of water. The drink is simmered for 30 minutes or more until the beans are soft. Then the decoction is left to infuse for several hours, filtered, mixed with parsley juice (50-60 ml) and consumed 100-150 ml per day.
- Walnuts have a positive effect on testosterone production. They can be consumed in their pure form, at least 100g per day, or they can be made into a medicinal blend. To do this, a glass of nuts is passed through a meat grinder with a whole lemon and added to the mass of 1 tbsp. L. honey. The mixture should be infused for 1 hour, after which it can be consumed 3 times a day, 1 tbsp. L. Also, the nuts passed through the meat grinders can be diluted with 1 tbsp. L. sunflower oil. It is recommended to consume the remedy in this form on an empty stomach in the morning, while the effectiveness increases if it is washed with warm cow's milk.
- Ivan tea is an excellent remedy for the prevention of prostatitis. To prepare it, 2 teaspoons are enough. raw materials and 500 ml of boiling water. The tea should be drunk hot, at least 3 times a day.
- Pumpkin seeds are a great help in the presence of inflammatory processes in the prostate gland. They can be eaten pure and dried. Pumpkin seeds are recommended to be used with honey in equal proportions. You need to eat at least 1 tbsp. L. seeds.
- A decoction of birch leaves gives an anti-inflammatory effect and also prevents the development of pathogenic microflora in the prostate gland. For cooking: 1 tbsp. L. raw materials are poured with 1 glass of boiling water, after which it is infused for several hours. It is recommended to take the decoction in small portions.
- Honey sbiten is a good remedy for the treatment and prevention of prostatitis. Helps improve blood circulation in the pelvis, potency and relieve the inflammatory process in the prostate gland. Take 1 tbsp. L. before going to bed on an empty stomach, spreading it in a glass of warm water.
The methods of traditional medicine are effective, but they can provoke an allergic reaction and exacerbate chronic diseases. Before using them, it is recommended to consult a doctor.
To maintain men's health, it is necessary to follow preventive measures. Timely treatment will help avoid the consequences of the disease.